Hi Noriaki,

It sounds like they are saying that the KDE-specific "krfb" VNC-based viewer
& server use encoding number 17.  I've just checked the krdc (krfb) 3.5.3
viewer and verified that, while it does try to use some unregistered
encoding numbers, 17 isn't one of them, so you should be fine.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.