Ok.  I'm open to the option that I could be wrong.  :)

- Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Adrian Phillips
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 2:48 AM
To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: RE: Hitachi-ZYWRLE Encoding Number (was RE: Introduction of New VNC
codec)

    Steve> James, Let me start by pointing to a survey that I have on
    Steve> the Bozteck website.
    Steve> http://www.vncscan.com/vs/asppollx/results.asp

    Steve> It shows that UltraVNC and TightVNC are installed on far
    Steve> more systems than RealVNC.  They should not be downplayed

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. Using a survey to come up with such a
conclusion is silly. There are quite possibly thousands, perhaps 10s
of thousands of Linux installations that use vnc (either realvnc or
tightvnc) none of which would appear in this survey.

We have been using vnc at work (the AT&T version before) and the
realvnc more recently for years and my (and people at work who use
vnc) "vote" is not in this survey.

Otherwise I agree with Kelly F. Hickel's post.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/