To Alex,

    OIC.  Yes, I agree with you that it's quite a bug (of design).  I would
expect another "Auto Select" check-box on top of the column of "Colour
Level".  What encoding is best to use, by the way?  I figure that I'd better
not using "Raw" as this increases the quantity of data transferring from
server to client.  But what to choose between "ZRLE" and "Hextile"?  Both
are compressed data?

To James,

     Sorry, I lied when I said it's over a low bandwidth :p  To the
contrary, it's actually over a high bandwidth, but .... there're situations
where it's better to consider *as if* we're using low bandwidth.  Eg
1. It's possible to have 1Mbit/s up to 7Mbit/s using 3G mobile access to
Internet.  However, it's quite often that such access is on a
pay-per-megabyte basis, ie what you pay depends on the quantity of data
transfered.  So it's quite natural to reduce the colour level as much as
possible.
2. In my home, my Internet access is also high bandwidth, but I notice that
the data transfer is like sort of pulses, ie during some seconds, data are
transferred, but during the next few seconds, it's as if nothing's got
through.  So in average, the bandwidth is quite low.

Back to my original post,

     I had done like this: established a connection, changed the Colour
Level to low, save the config to a VNC file, and re-open the connection by
double-clicking the VNC file.  But the Colour Level is still set back to
high after a few seconds, and then due to the "pulse" problem I mentioned
before, VNC connection is very slow.