Absolutely. The team that does it is startek in the Philippinesanyway last I knew. They work on a different schedule than the continental US, and aren't empowered to solve most problems.

If you think being persistent matters, it doesn't. They won't even let you get to a human to complain. The PUC and FCC is the only thing they care about because they don't want to get fined.

To be fair, when their process works, it works. When it breaks down, there's no real way to work it out of process. They're simply too big, and their roles too bifurcated to actually let someone work something they aren't typically able to address.

-Paul

On 6/16/22 16:33, Aaron de Bruyn wrote:
Comcast flat-out won't let customers talk to the team that accepts or rejects ports.

-A

On Thu Jun 16, 2022, 08:20 PM GMT, a...@plexicomm.net wrote:

    I try to get all stake holders on a conference call.  New carrier,
    old carrier, you, and the customer.

    -Adam

    *From:* VoiceOps <voiceops-boun...@voiceops.org> *On Behalf Of
    *Aaron de Bruyn
    *Sent:* Thursday, June 16, 2022 4:09 PM
    *To:* voiceops@voiceops.org
    *Subject:* [VoiceOps] Comcast rejecting port requests for 4 months

    Hey everyone,

    We have a large SIP trunk with Comcast with around 275 numbers
    attached.

    We've been trying to port about 200 of those numbers to another
    provider for the past 4 months to do some geeky things that
    Comcast doesn't support.

    Due to reasons only known to Comcast, there are 5 different
    account numbers vaguely associated with those phone numbers and I
    keep getting wildly different answers from Comcast staff.

    One is for the EDI circuit.

    One is for the AdTran.

    One is for the SIP Trunk

    One is for "master billing"

    One is a "hierarchy account"

    The winning carrier has submitted the requests with every possible
    combination of account number and 'CPNI code' (Comcast's account
    PIN) we have along with all our addressing information, copies of
    bills, etc...and Comcast keeps rejecting it with zero useful
    information. i.e. bad address, bad PIN, bad account number, etc...

    Every time I even mention "porting out" to a Comcast rep, they say
    "FCC regulation prevents us from talking about it".

    The winning carrier has had so much trouble, they finally sent me
    the "port order number" and said "call Comcast and talk to them
    about it. Good luck."

    Of course calling the Comcast porting number gives you a short
    recorded message about "due to COVID, use some portal /click/".

    I'm technically a contractor for the end-user and not a phone
    service provider, so I don't have access to whatever portal they
    are talking about.

    It's been absolute /hell/. Any thoughts on how I can get Comcast
    to get their crap together? I've never had so much trouble porting
    numbers away from a carrier.

    -A