From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 4:02 PM
Subject: Re: Evangelical environmentalists

> <<<Nonbelievers and evolutionists believe that humans are a product of the
earth and that we owe the earth something as if it is "mother" earth and
"mother" nature.>>>

> I don't know many fundies in daily life. Maybe none. But I do know lots of
people who recognize the scientific validity of the mounds of evidence
produce for natural selection. They are not animists or Wiccans. They do not
worship "Mother Earth." I think you are (*surprise*) taking the Gaiai
metaphor too literally. Kind of like the Bible.