Jones Beene wrote:

Ed,

Jones, my question is, at what point do suggested events become so implausible to be deemed impossible? At what point does an active imagination lose contact with reality and how can this point be identified?

Like beauty, "plausibility" is in the eye of each beholder, but please...

... do not be so naive as to think that the more-implausible and the more-insane of the associated conspiracy theories which you and I have been hearing with regards to 9/11 - were not themselves planted or promoted by those whose interests involve keeping secret, one "less-implausible" event.

In other words, how can we define sanity and identify insanity?

Yes, we can... but it is a shifting target... somewhat like defining "pornography" ... where the late Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart famoulsy exclaimed, "I know it when I see it" ... the so-called Potty-test.

For a start, can we agree that invading a soverign country under false pretenses - is itself insane, correct?

No, this is not insane, it just stupid. Bush et al. had logical reasons for invading, which if true and if they were the only considerations, would have made this effort look wise. However, they suffered from ignorance, hubris, and greed. As a result, facts and expected events were ignored in their enthusiasm. This defect is not insanity.

Now that we have established that underlying fact, we can move on to lesser instances of risk vs. rewards in governmental activity. With this Iraq invasion as a standard for insanity, one can not totally rule-out certain other activities - even if they are to some degree - implausible.

But, the other actions have to be actually possible. The war was possible because 911 removed all common sense from Congressmen who only wanted to look good to their angry and frightened constituents. This is very much different from planting explosives in public buildings before 911. It also makes no sense for the government to overlook a terrorist plot because they would have no way of knowing the damage it would cause and which of them or their friends might be in harm's way.

Without such an understanding, we can never interpret another person's claims or even the action of our government.

As sane individuals, most of us have great difficulty in discounting enough, the level of ingrained insanity in government, issuing out of the "red-scare" and "cold-war" years - when such was actively encouraged - and indeed promotions within the agency depended to a degree on who was the most extreme.

The questions I ask in deciding the degree of insanity are:

1. Are the claims clearly at odds with well established reality or are actions at odds with accepted behavior? 2. Do the claims or actions have a clear benefit to the person or government making them?
3. Are the claims or actions contradictory within themselves?

Answers of yes, no, yes cause me to suspect insanity. In the use of explosives to bring down the Towers, I would answer yes, no, no. Consequently, I do not think the possibility is based on an insane act by the government. However, I do not believe such an act would be possible or would have been contemplated before 911. Now is a different story.

Regards,
Ed

Should we believe the people who claim the government has placed thought controlling devices in their homes?

No, not unless they can produce the actual device

Should we believed claims that chemicals are being rained down upon us from secret airplanes in order to achieve an unknown objective?

No. Not without trace evidence of such chemicals

Should we believe that the weather is being controlled to increase the profits of the oil companies?

Not for that particular end (profits), in-and-of-itself - but as to the braoder issue of influencing "weather control," as a plausible goal of high-level intervention... hmmm... now that you mention it...

...one hopes that you did not miss the latest news on Haarp ;-) Again this is something that is within the range of plausibility (for weather control) just based on the enormous amount of power being used.

HAARP (the High frequency Active Auroral Research Program) will be adding 132 more transmitters to bring their total number of transmitters to 180. The installation began in 1993 with 18 transmitters, expanded to 48 in 1998 and will grow to 180 transmitters. The final expansion will bring the HAARP array to full power, with ERP increasing to about 4 billion Watts!!

There is speculation that the project is an "effort to develop ways to jam the electronics of incoming missiles from Russia and/or China".

4 billion Watts oughtta be overkill for radio jamming but as for weahter control, who knows ??

Using the Potty-test, this amount of power for the stated aim is "insane" but is it insane enoguh to be related to an attmept at weather control?

Doubtful, but plausible ...

Where does it end?

Regards, Ed

Not with 4 billion watts, nor with contructing a new building number 7 - that much is for sure...

Regards,

Jones