Of course as soon as money is freely handed out the games will begin.  If it is
distributed per household then a lot of current households will break up to
increase the allotment.  Is it fair to take away the social security payments
of those that paid into the system have earned?

Do you give money to people serving time in prison?  What happens to the border
crossings  once this level of security is guaranteed to anyone that sneaks in?
The other day I was talking to a Canadian citizen that came into the country 50
years ago as a young guy.  He made a couple of attempts to become a citizen but
gave up when he had to hire a lawyer.  He has worked here for all that time but
could be deported under certain circumstances.  Would he get a check?

What should be done about the very old who need plenty of expensive medical
care?  As everyone is aware that can eat up far more money than we are talking
about.  Should the government take over the medical industry?

How much money will be stolen by criminals that can easily fake identities and
births, etc. to obtain payments under false pretenses?  There is a great deal
of corruption in the medicare and medicaid systems where fake illnesses and
patient soliciting takes place.  Florida is famous for this type of theth.

I suppose any system is going to be difficult to administer and keep as honest
as possible including what is currently in place.  But, would something of this
nature be particularly difficult to police?

I see a system such as we are discussing as just a method of allocating
resources in a more equitable manner.  Human nature is a powerful force that
the concept will be pitted against.  In the past money or great wealth has
concentrated into the hands of a relatively few in society somewhat like power.
 It is going to be very difficult to overcome this natural tendency and I
suspect that some form of unintended redistribution will come into existence
that will make it difficult to achieve the original goal.

Perhaps inflation of prices will push the system back toward what has been seen
as normal.  Or, it might so happen that other forms of income will adjust so
that the overall effect is somewhat similar to what we have now.  Stocks or
property or interest, etc. might define the ability to distribute goods and
services if lots of money becomes freely available.  If I recall, when Spain
received great quantities of gold from the new world prices of everything
jumped to compensate and gold became less important.

Sorry if I sound negative about this issue, but I think that the consequences
are going to be much different than what is expected.  Who knows what the ideal
economic system should be, but what we currently have has worked relatively
well so far.  Of course the distribution of wealth is not ideal, but there is
plenty being generated.

Dave