Bob Cook <frobertc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure how Mizuno measured the 10.8 Watts of power used by the pump.

It says in the report: "Mizuno used the WattChecker watt meter to measure
the electric power consumed by the pump, which is 10.8 W."

>   I think the pump specifications indicate the pump uses about 22 watts.

No, as I told you, the specifications are written on the side of the pump,
and they are:

Iwaki Co., Magnet Pump MD-6K-N
Maximum capacity: 8/9 L/min
Maximum head: 1.0/1.4
100V 12W/60Hz, 12W/50Hz

This is also in the report.

> I plan to talk with the pump vendor technical staff to better understand
> the performance of this type of pump and the wattage vs voltage/amperage
> specs and the efficiency.

Please do not waste their time. The heat from the pump cannot possibly
affect the calorimetry, for the reasons I stated here and in the report.

> I do not have the same report that you have  identifying the pump
> specifications on page 24.  My version of your report, dated November 14,
> 2014, does not include the specification you state exists . . .

For goodness sake download the latest version!

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/RothwellJreportonmi.pdf

If you do not see the November 14 version, click on "Reload this page." Web
browsers sometimes fail to see they are not accessing the latest version of
a page. As a general rule for anything on the web, when in doubt, press
Reload.

> I think by "baseline" you mean a condition at which the energy introduced
> into the circulating system by the pump creates a temperature of the
> reactor and water bath and all the reactor internals that is the same and
> in equilibrium with a non-changing differential temperature between the
> ambient atmosphere and the water bath.

Exactly. This is shown in Fig. 19. Heat is measured based on the difference
shown with the purple arrow in Fig. 7. The bottom of that arrow points to
the temperature of the water which already includes heat from the pump.

> In any case a good description of "baseline" conditions is warranted.

What is the matter with the description on p. 24? It does not seem
complicated to me.