From: Jed Rothwell
Aluminum will be oxidized to give off significant energy even in a ceramic mix.
Aluminum thermite makes an excellent explosive. It is used in bombs. But the
energy density is well below hydrocarbons such as napalm.

Yes, but this detail is another reason that I have a gut feeling that Jack’s
real COP is higher than he thinks – that is: if you have already calibrated for
what is effectively “thermite”, and then you remove the better oxidizer (the
iron oxide) then the subsequent runs without it are going to be understated.

In any event, the important thing for understanding the reaction (and really
this is the future of LENR) is to find out exactly what can take a minimal COP
of about 1.1 and push it up to 1.5 and beyond. That is the main reason that I
think Jack’s future results could be as important, if not more so - than
Parkhomov, or even Rossi. This is because he has the simpler and less expensive
set-up, and is well positioned to move rapidly in whatever direction that the
results push. Experiment rules.

Needless to say, if SPP are shown to be the major contributor to thermal gain
in Cole’s experiment (or anyone else who jumps into the arena), we may have
chopped months or years off of a developmental process that was until recently
based on nickel supposedly transmuting into copper.

Jones