Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Not in this case. Apparently you did not read that Jack is using aluminum
> powder in the fuel as a safer way to release hydrogen. This is a
> replacement for LAH which releases hydrogen thermally.

How many grams?

(I do not recall, and I cannot find that number.)

As I said, you can use 43 kJ/g as the maximum energy density by weight.
There is no chemical fuel better than that. If there were, NASA would want
hear about it.

> Aluminum will be oxidized to give off significant energy even in a ceramic
> mix.

Aluminum thermite makes an excellent explosive. It is used in bombs. But
the energy density is well below hydrocarbons such as napalm.