Hi Bob,

No, I wasn't joking. I was dead serious. Mills "Suncell" (his latest and
greatest effort), is based on water as a catalyst. However the water has to be
in mono-molecular form, not vapor (dimer), nor liquid water (hydrogen bonds).
Individual water molecules are likely to be common throughout the universe,
because Hydrogen is the most common element in the universe, and Oxygen is a
byproduct of the carbon cycle in stars, which is also very common.
As for disproportionation, Mills himself claims this is common in space (see his
book).
(In disproportionation reactions one Hydrino may become ionized while acting as
the catalyst to shrink another.)

Note that this process would explain a 3.55 keV signal, but doesn't necessarily
mean that that signal represents (all) dark matter.
The only reason that it has been considered as doing so is that there were two
"loose ends" to deal with, so it was natural to "tie them together".

If you think this is all a bit far fetched, perhaps you can point out the hole
in the chain of reasoning?

>Robin--
>
>I am reluctant to think you are joking about dispropotionation reactions for
>hydrinos and catalysis of   hydrinos and regular hydrogen  by water, but
>that crossed my mind.  ( :
>
>Bob
[snip]
Regards,