Frank--

I have many of the same thoughts that Steven expressed.

Warm regatrds,

Bob Cook

From: Orionworks - Steven Vincent Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 8:55 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Fred Zoepfl

Frank,

A decent review from Reigh who presumably has read your book and took the time
to digest the contents and the ramifications.

FYI, I have not read your book. I have no right to challenge it nor trash it.

Despite my ignorance, I think I can say with some conviction that you are one
of the most honest (honorary) boy scouts I've ever met on Vortex. I perceive
one of your life's goals is to challenge the establishment. I suspect the
curious will buy your book because they enjoy the challenge of having their
current perceptions of physics challenged. And, of course, stalwarts will
continue to trash it for the very same reasons, because they hate having their
current perceptions of physics challenged. Let me put it this way, Frank, you
are performing your job well. Granted, it's possible you may not enjoy aspects
of your job at times, but that's the way the egg rolls.

FWIW, I suspect my own ongoing research into Keplerian laws of planetary
motion, if I ever accumulate enuf data to publish the results, will most likely
be ignored by the establishment as well. My findings may be ridiculed. For
example, I suspect I would most likely be laughed off the stage if I were to
challenge the establishment by claiming that the heliocentric view of the solar
system is NOT the only correct (or most accurate) representation of planetary
motion. The prior geocentric model may also still work. IOW, it's possible that
both models are not incompatible with each other. It's possible that the prior
geocentric model failed because they used the wrong engineering configuration
backed with incorrect math.  My suspicion is that it's all a matter of
establishing a point-of-view ... and then backing it up some appropriate math
which hopefully will not turn out to be too complicated. Kepler 1st law states
a planetary body rotates around a central mass fixed at one of two foci of an
ellipse. Curiously, nobody has yet been able to determine what the other
(empty) foci is doing. What planetary laws of motion might be governing what's
happening at the empty (or imaginary) foci? I think Nature abhors a vacuum.
Therefore, some kind of law may very well exist there - perhaps even a
fascinating one. One possibility I thought about is that the angular change of
the planetary position remains constant at the "empty" foci. Decades ago I
checked out this possibility. While it is somewhat close, it is definitely NOT
correct.  I'm sure Kepler hundreds of years ago tired this out and noticed it
did not match either, as have others since then. Dang! It would have been so
elegant if it did match up! But Mother Nature said, No! You'll have to dig a
little deeper to fathom my secretes. And so, my quixotic journey to discover
what might be happening at the imaginary foci continues. I may succeed in my
boy scout quest, or I may fail. But try, I must. Sancho keeps telling me:
That's the way the egg rolls. ;-)

I think most readers of such reviews can read between the lines and discern
that Mr. Zoepfl most likely took the contents of your unread book as an
unwanted challenge to his current perception of physics & reality. Zoepfl's
review filled with unwarranted adjectives and disparaging characterizations of
your intelligence is likely backfire on him, particularly if his objective had
been to get you tar and feathered. It could very well make the curious even
more curious. Why? Becuz the bright ones with the quixotic mind-set love to be
challenged.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

OrionWorks.com