If there was no need for nuclear power, there would be no need for uranium
enrichment or plutonium production. Without the need for engineers to keep
nuclear power plants going, their would be no knowhow to produce H-bombs.
Nuclear power plants permits nuclear bomb technology to exist. LENR will
eliminate the need for the existence of bomb technology knowhow such as
that currently exists and allowed by treaty in the middle east. American
politicians will love to remove nuclear technology from the experience of
engineering.