No

The traped photon scalar potential, could be described as

j_l(r w / c) Ylm(e) exp(iwt)

if at the orbitsphere r w / c equal 0, then he adds a source terns of the
form

C Ylm(e) exp(iwt)

to the scalar field equation and the outer part of the orbitsphere has zero
scalar potential field
(the static parts also cancelling)

Now really what you have in Mills is Re(Ylm(e)exp(iwt) but that means that
this photon field inside
the orbitsphere is a standing wave.

The nucleus is a more complex setup of EM + boundary conditions. Not sure
that you could rule out
a spherical wave. Who knows, but the fact is that the missing radiation is
a mystery and I recon
that in a cold fusion event in a solid state, it sure is many orders of
magnitude more spherical symmetric
than hot fusion, that's sounds like a clue to me. Also forget Mills, use QM
if you don't like it. My argument
is based in sound physical principles that is independent of math details.
Of cause a spherical wave may
be hard to melt and possibly un-physical. But we are here to fart ideas to
each other. Smell it and tell me what
you don't like or like about it - the mills versus QM, is really of less
importance here

Regards
Stefan