> If I understand this, it appears to be the orbitsphere with differential
charge density across the surface of the sphere.  I have seen a few
diagrams in Blacklight's promotional literature to this effect.  It appears
to be an ad hoc
> modification to account for something that was lost when Mills set aside
the geometric form of spherical harmonics and went with a sphere.
No it is not arbritary. It is a simple matter to prove that these charge
distribution would lead to non radiation for certain internal standing
waves. Mills derivation is overly complex
just use the expansion of exp(i k x) in sperical harmonics and the
orthogonality of the spherical harmonics. You will then see that
essentially these are the only valid
charge distribution that allow a standing em wave that will not radiate for
certain combination of w and r.

> I don't take issue QM.  I take issue with orbitspheres.  You are a
proponent of Mills's theory, and you are using spherical harmonics.  I'm
trying to better understand this situation.
Ok, try read:
c-lambda.se/maxwell.pdf

You will see that spherical harmonics is natural and also it is actually
used all over the places in GUTCP, e.g. for calculation
of atoms with higher order shells.

> In addition to the idea that you are seeking feedback on (which I don't
weigh in on here), an important question is whether Mills's theory is
self-consistent and consistent with the experimental evidence.  I'm trying
to probe this
> somewhat unrelated question.  Discussion threads on Vortex are allowed to
go all over the place.
Ok, I validated that non radiaiton is correct and that the ionisation
energies for hydrogen and one electorn atoms are correct if you don't count
the mass correction which really looks like hokus pokus and the derivation
don't add up in GUTCP.

I find that GUTCP a bit too creative many times but it's creative, there
are strange argument but the conclusions seam to bare
truth if you work hard and explain it too yourself sidesteping what Mills
is saying. Actually sometimes I tend to get a feeling that
the whole thing is obfuscated.

Regards
Stefan