On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM, Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

This is NOT a measured ENERGY.  If he also measured the energy, then he
> could have solved for the particle mass and would have had a much easier
> time identifying the particle.  IF - you PRESUME that the particle is a
> muon, then the energy of the muon would have been 1.4 MeV.

I see now.  He's using time-of-flight spectrometry, something I have little
familiarity with.  He's saying that there are particles with flight times
of 12-100 ns, and this is consistent with particles with energies of 2-14
MeV u-1, etc.

It seems like his difficulties could be resolved if he used a second
measurement technique.

Eric