What I would like to emphasize is that the first study described here was
an independent, stand-alone observation of excess heat from the Ni-H
system. There are not many studies like that. All the ones I know of were
inspired by or linked to Mills, Piantelli or Rossi. Such results might be
colored by wishful thinking. Or at least by the knowledge that someone else
claimed heat from Ni-H, and the hope that the claim can be replicated. In
contrast, this result apparently came as a surprise to the researchers.
That is a good thing! It is promising.