Ok
Harry

On Oct 20, 2015 4:16 PM, "Bob Higgins" <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com> wrote:

>From what I saw of their experiment, the thermocouples (k-type) measuring
the two vessels were connected in series so that the measurement that came
out on the wires was the temperature difference between the two.  This may
be more accurate than having two absolute thermocouples and subtracting to
get a small temperature difference.  I believe that the temperature of the
empty vessel was presumed to be the temperature of a thermocouple in the
"air" nearby.

​T​
his portion of the setup is certainly worth some clarification by the
authors.

​