On Oct 20, 2015 1:41 PM, "Jed Rothwell" <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> H Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that based on the given data it is possible to interpret
the temperature difference between the empty vessel and the vessel with
"fuel" ( their quotation marks) as resulting from either endothermic
activity or exothermic activity in the vessel with "fuel".

> How can you have an endothermic reaction with an empty vessel?

I didn't suggest that. The paper only gives the relative temperature
difference between the two vessels. We are not provided with absolute
temperature measurements of each vessel.  Are we to assume that absolute
temperature measurements were made so the fueled vessel was known to be
hotter?

Harry