about experts, I've exchanged and seen exchange an dposition by many
experts on facts around climate story.

for example for paludisme, experts say climate is not the main driver, but
not too lood, and they say climate change is real .
numerical experts say modeling of climate cannot be correct and seems too
full of knob to be usefull and solid, but they tust climate change.
meteorologists say there is no increase in extreme events, as oceanologist
(like Judith curry who started to doubt when she hide evidence of no
increase)... but they trust climate change.
physicists support greenhouse theory, (like most skeptics) but know that
the only serious question is feedback... but they trust AGW claims.
climatologists have reduced climate sensibility to modest values below 3
(trend is toward 0, but you know trends... ) but they support conclusions
assuming 6+.
Oceanologist see no acceleration since the little ice age, but they support
the model who predict acceleration...
Climatologist say the hiatus it is explained by unmesurable ocean change,
that there is no hiatus since it need only to correct the land temperature
a little more (most of warming is just increasing corrections from the IPCC
beginning).
They say warming should first be seen in troposphere but sattelite disagree
and they prefer to use the only of the 3 temperature series which can
easily be tweaked because it is land based.
AIEA say they suppot IPCC repor on energetic transition, but all it's
report in fact say the opposite.

what I see is cognitive dissonance, or rather people who say that for their
domain of expertise IPCC is wrong, but that for the rest they trust IPCC.

what I've clearly heard from skeptics, real one, mostly ex-believers (no
oil conspiracy), is that they were shocked by the bad quality of the
science, the corruption, the harassment against questioners, but most
serious are simply puzzled and sadly have no theory...
problem is intractable. This is why it is impossible to convince
tru-believers because as Thomas Kuhn have said, a paradigm can only covince
if it provide theory, and practical responses.
IPCC have a good paradigm that trough theory, self-referent modelization,
tunable data, terror against dissenters, allow wagons of money to be sent
to the supporters without allowed opposition. Best invention since taxes.

The only theories I've seen recently is Russian finding that solar activity
can cause tendency for jet-stream to lock.
that sun activity change duration of day, through zonal wind averaged on
the globe.
and Judith curry theory of "Stadium Wave" that climate oscillate by
coupling of various ocean oscillations. I know little on chaotic system,
and she seems to have the good approach to find orbits in subsystems and
modelize how they couple... full physics modelization for such chaotic
system is absurd.

beside the epistemologist who have studied the story see mostly few key
actor (one canadian oil baron, hansen...) who have pushed a deep ecology
malthusianist theory, which created an environment where the ideology
supported by few activist could spread without opposition in US, US/UK, EU,
corps, academics... because each group imagined to get a personal
advantage, reason to exist, funding source...

I'm not the best professor on that story as I don't care any more on the
science.
the real things to analyse is not the science but the epistemology, the
methods.

What I've heard from that is that when we will provide the solution to
climate change, CO2, pollution,, poverty, demography, we will be insulted,
hated, as we are destroying the ideological substrate, and the funding
substrate of very wealthy groups.

I've heard horrible things about how honest people where treated, and worst
of all how honest students became templar knights for the truth.
One of those is leading both US science and one of the great high impact
journal, and was trained by one of the most competent french skeptic, who
was a believer until recently. From the eye of the professor, I imagin how
sad he is.

as if you were the professor of Huizenga.