Bob Higgins wrote:

The predicted properties of the hydrino or any sub-ground-state hydrogen suggest that it will be really hard to detect... It must be detected by proxy. Like detecting the neutrino, detection of the hydrino will require new, inventive techniques

Bob, I generally agree that new thinking is needed. This is why I brought up Dufour's ICCF20 talk and the iron-55 evidence, the so-called pico-hydride. It is a very elegant and simple way to confirm dense hydrogen.

The dense hydrogen becomes attached (magnetically?) to iron 54 in such a way that on mass-spec analysis, it looks like 55Fe - but is NOT radioactive. Normal 55Fe is strongly radioactive.

This looks like a brilliant solution to detection ! and could be the smoking gun for dense hydrogen , but it does not conform to Mills theory so he will never agree.