>From the video, I gather Deneum is are trying to measure heat with a single
thermocouple on the outside of the reactor. This is a bad idea. As I said
in the paper, you should use a calorimeter. If they were to get ~100 W of
excess heat I suppose they could detect it with a single thermocouple, but
it seems unlikely to me they will get that much heat in the first attempt.
I suppose that at best they will see 5 or 10 W, the same as Mizuno saw last
year. You cannot detect that with a single thermocouple.

Someone told me they would be disappointed of their replication produced
only 5 or 10 W. That makes no sense to me. Any certain level of excess
heat, even 1 W, is as good as 3 kW from a scientific point of view. It
proves the effect is real, and that Mizuno's larger results are real. You
can work from that to recapitulate Mizuno's efforts over the last few years
to gradually ramp up to 100 W, and then 3 kW. It will take you a year or
so, I suppose, because this is fundamental research into a phenomenon that
no one understands.

Someone suggested that a "valid replication" would have to be 100 W. I said
that would be a miracle, not a replication.

People should have realistic goals, and they should use every necessary
tool to achieve them, from a mass spectrometer to an air-flow (or Seebeck)
calorimeter. Taking shortcuts and leaving out essential steps and
instruments makes it unlikely you will succeed. As I said, perhaps you will
succeed if this experiment turns out to be much easier and more forgiving
than Mizuno and I think it is.