Even for those of us seriously doubt (that any ET visitation has occurred in
the past history of mankind) - we can nevertheless enjoy speculation about what
exactly - such a visitation would look like, if or when it actually happened.
This exercise has significant entertainment value, if nothing else.
Start with this question - "can ET spell "Poughkeepsie" ? ... and who cares if
they can't.

Basically, the situation which would logically be the "ET default" - is that
alien contact would be "one way" and  planned to be unobtrusive to all. Unless
we dig much deeper and look along the fringes we find nothing. IOW we should
never notice ET contact at all, especially in the form that Hollywood has
suggested - but might find it, especially if things (for them) had NOT gone as
planned.

This reasoning is based on the logic and expectation of of what we earthlings
will most likely do in the far future, when we are technologically capable to
reach out to the stars. Logic should be the defining issue - not drama.

Furthermore, that surely means that an expected need of any putative ET
mission, having traversed hundreds of light years of space/time to get here -
would logically be to refuel - right? Well this refueling process should be
unobtrusive as well - especially if it consists of hydrogen or deuterium. Such
a fuel deficit would be able to be met from one of the "gas giants" and
earthing would be unaware. Maybe a little palladium, who knows?

However if contact with us has occurred - and this is a huge "if" - the
situation could be that the ET recon mission would have suffered repairable
damage in transit.

In that case, the most likely thing ET would need to continue their mission is
replacement of advanced chips and electronics. To get these parts, however,
they might first need to intervene somehow in the normal process of R&D on
earth by influencing progress and directing it in a certain way to meet their
needs, not ours.

That would be one way to look at the rapid rise of quantum computing in recent
years. In some ways, this progress in an arcane pursuit, with little market
incentive, seems to have been "out of the normal context" of historical trends.
Thank you IBM.

In short, if there was to be a bounty to be offered to "find ET" based on the
logic of what they would need from us humans - my bet would be that the best
place to look would be in the field of quantum computing and AI, and a good
start would be either at IBM or (even more alarming from the US perspective) at
the Chinese effort to advance quantum computing... or possibly at the
interaction between the two.
"Food" for thought?

Jones

H LV wrote: Terry Blanton wrote: