Hi,

There is way more Hydrogen on Earth than Helium. So, if Hydrogen shrinkage can
deliver energy, then we are better off
using that. Besides, Hydrogen shrunk to that size (a few fm), would probably
undergo fusion extremely fast (with just
about anything), resulting in an inexhaustible energy supply, whereas Helium,
as you envisage it, would need to be
re-expanded, in order to be reused, and the expansion energy has to come from
somewhere, making Helium only an energy
storage mechanism, rather than a primary source, unless you throw it away, once
shrunk. Of course it could also fuse
with some nuclei, but what is the point of that when Hydrogen is so much more
available?

>On the possibility of "dense helium" - shall we call it the "alpharino" ?
>
>Helium, unlike hydrogen, will not diffuse through metals - so long as the
>metal is nonporous. The first step in densification is (probably) diffusion...
>but that problem may not be the end-of-story.
>
>Raney nickel for instance is porous enough to pass helium and is also is
>catalytic - as in the hydrino world of Randell Mills and his Rydberg values.
>If Va'vra is right about helium shrinkage then a few possibilities are opened
>up in the search for how that feat can be accomplished.
>
>An interesting experiment would simply look for anomalous heat as helium is
>pumped through a Raney nickel membrane.
[snip]
If no one clicked on ads companies would stop paying for them. :)