Andrew

Just one thing:

I assume that you mean the atom (including the bound electron) is neutral. If you mean that the bound electron (in its interaction with the nuclear Coulomb field) is uncharged EM field only, then this would be one of our incompatible assumptions. However, I am certainly looking at the interaction of its spin component and the electron orbit about a proton as a possible source of such fusion in the neutron. So we may not be that far apart.

In SOP we show that the electron is a resonance of the proton. In fact we can derive the electron mass directly from the proton structure and also the electron g-factor can be derived from the proton mass metric. The later is very astonishing as it delivers a polygon of order 3 as a solution. If I add the Mills-Metric (2:2) for proper space time then the precision is as good as the measurement (12 digits  done in Maple).

All nuclear flux is mutually bound by topological charge. As the electron gets added to the proton the flux "binding charge" is a joint production. As you may note, there cannot be opposite charge among two different EM flux topology as the EM mass binds (Lorenz force) not the charge. I know it will take time to resent your brain to "nucleus internal view" as it is the exact opposite we know from external EM theory.

So not charge-charge defines the force  - EM bound by charge is the force. And never forget. A solution only works on a stable minimal Lagrangian surface what a (2,3) sphere never can be.

It's all about thinking about the proper situation. It took me at least a year to understand it or even 3 years from the beginning - but I had to find everything. You can take the solution and start to reason about it. There is no doubt that the core of SOP will define the next level of basic physics.

J.W.