--- Robin van Spaandonk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> 11:27:11 -0800
> (PST):
> Hi,
> [snip]
> >Lets simply. Neither experiment A or B have a power
> >source except thermal noise. Experiment B radiates
> >more power. It is a very simple circuit. Over time,
> >more energy is leaving experiment B than experiment
> A.
> >Therefore experiment B will be colder than
experiment A.
> Please forgive my ignorance, but I thought that
> thermal noise occurred as a consequence of a current
> passing through a resistor. A current driven by an
external
> voltage. I didn't think that resistors actually
generated
> anything by themselves. Hence, I wouldn't expect
either
> experiment to radiate anything at all (through the
antenna).
> (The only radiation I would expect would be normal
> thermal radiation, from the body of the resistor, as
> consequence of their being at a specific
temperature.)

> Regards,
>
> Robin van Spaandonk

Hi Robin,

Thermal noise is caused by vibrating thermal charges
in matter. It's not related to any applied current.
The rms voltage of thermal noise is :

Vn = (4 K T R dF) ^ 0.5

K is Boltzmann constant, 1.3806503E-023
T is temperature in Kelvin
R is resistance
dF is bandwidth

The total noise power in a matched load circuit is

Pt = 4 K T dF

Power across the matched load is

Pt = 2 K T dF

Of course that's not much power, but size is not a
factor.  So the object could be a nanometer.  When you
consider trillions of such objects with say 1 THz
bandwidth then you are in well in the kilowatt region.

2 * 1.38E-023 * 295 K * 1.00e+12 = 8.142E-009 W

1 trillion such objects = 8.14 KW

With just 1 GHz bandwidth, 8.14 W

Regards,
Paul Lowrance

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
Calculate new payment!
http://www.LowerMyBills.com/lre