Horace Heffner wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2007, at 6:59 AM, Paul Lowrance wrote:
>
>> Exactly. Post his profile url, silly. People have no business posting
>> his email & phone # until you get his permission, period. That's
>> common Internet educate. If Dr. Mike wants to remove his email from
>> the Internet then he merely needs to delete it from his profile. How's
>> he going to remove it from hundreds of web pages?  Furthermore there's
>> the topic of online spiders that collect email address for spamming
>> purposes.
>

> There are crawlers and acrchivers of web pages also.  You put something
> on a web page and you can expect it to be around indefinitely.  Ever
> hear of the Wayback Machine?

You betcha I have!

Horace Heffner wrote:

On Jul 17, 2007, at 6:17 AM, Paul Lowrance wrote:

... and I'll add that a persons email and phone # should *not* be published on the Internet without his or her permission. I'm still a little appalled that someone at Vo publishing Dr. Mike's email & phone #.

It was published on his web site.  It is therefor public information.

Whoosh! Right over your head Horace. ;-) It's called educate. Educate is not a requirement. People don't have to be nice, just as people can grab anyone's email address and post it at all over the Internet. My email address is publish -->

http://energymover.googlepages.com/

Yet it's in javascript to prevent spiders, but I certainly do *not* want people blasting my email address all over the Internet. If one must pass it on, then *please* do it privately or by some other appropriate manner.