--- Horace

> > That could be indicative of a what one would
expect from ZPE  coherence - which is a THERMAL LOSS
of one form of energy as  ambient energy is converted
to another form(light) but at the same time the LoT
are being maintained.

> I would think just the opposite were true.  If ZPE
is tapped then the temperature should rise.

But that would violate the LoT. There is plenty of
evidence that these laws are always valid.

> If temperature drops then this is a sign of
a Second Law of Thermodynamics violation.

Not under my interpretation of that which is that ZPE
in effect "props up" the thermal spectrum;

> The effects of ZPE are normally unseen - i.e.
> neutral.

Don't think so. What are you basing that on?

> Removing ZPE, as caused in a thin gap, should not
> drop temperature, should it?

Let's say that "ambient" is 300 K. Solar input and
heat from the earth provide most of that. However,
just as in "space" (not interstellar but
interplanetary) where the actual temp seldom drops
below ~150 K even in the "shade" then to me this could
indicate that the lowest or bottom level of earthly
"ambient" i.e. the bottom 100 degrees has a ZPE
origin.

This "bottom" props up the rest and when some is
removed, the system seems to cool.

Jones