--- thomas malloy wrote:

> Phase change I understand, but how does this relate
> to cohering the ZPE?

Good question, and there is no assurance at all that
it does.

But in general there is such a large difference in
volume between a gas and a liquid of the same
molecule- as much as 3000:1 and the transition can
occur in a narrow range of overlapping pressure and
temperature- that there could be an external force
involved at the atomic level - which can be optimized
for gain.

Think about water and steam and the supercritical
overlap of the two. This is where things are not well
understood and anomalies happen. This page on Wiki is
a good introduction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercritical_water_oxidation

... which is not to say that "excess energy" is
involved, but yet science has not really fully tried
to engineer FOR the anomaly - and instead usually
tries to *avoid* this range.

As you note, the published results of the Negre system
do NOT seem to add-up to a normal thermodynamic use of
compressed air, and all that I am suggesting is this
double phase-change could be one of the "cracks" in
the Laws of Thermodynamics which he has stumbled on to
do this.

... or not.

Jones