Rick wrote

<<The position I take is based on my and others' interpretation of the facts, and I'll stand on that. Lindzen is entitled to his opinion, as are you to yours.>>

Your position would only be acceptable if the various "opinions" were of equal weight. They are not. Lindzen's opinion counts a lot because he is the just about the most serious climate sceptic and even he admits the things I have listed. Some of the rest may have been scientists previously but they are no longer speaking scientifically, they have mutated into pundits and they use false logic, misleading half truths and out and out lies to sway opinion.

You claim to have interpreted the "facts" but your postings reveal that you are not looking at facts, you are looking at what the deniers tell you are the facts - these people are lying to you - frequently, relentlessly, blatantly. Their method is to keep on telling the "Big Lies" over and over, changing them slightly, introducing new variations to keep things fresh, but still non-stop lying. They keep on relaunching the same old propaganda methods with plausible lies, massive omissions etc.The very best light that can be put on what they say is that, due to the nature of the Internet, old ideas and websites just keep on surfacing and people keep coming upon the supposed facts without realising, OR BEING TOLD BY THE PROMULGATORS, that these "facts" and theories have been shot to pieces a million times already, sometimes as long ago as 15 years. The denier arguments are like Freddy Kruger - you just can't seem to kill them permanently.

It comes down to this. You seem to have a BELIEF, that has little genuine scientific credibility, massaged and encouraged by professional liars and deceivers that we are not screwing up the climate. Then there are those who have a BELIEF, backed up by the most credible scientific knowledge we have that there is a very strong chance that we are indeed screwing up the climate. If we weigh the various opinions, yours is of less worth because, by looking at the consequences of the various beliefs, reckless or cautious, we can easily ascertain what to do about greenhouse gases. You have no right to risk everybody else futures with your over-confident view. I know you are American, but Christ does your national ego know no limits?