---- Original Message ----

From: Jed Rothwell

> Calcars-news is the place to go for PHEV info. They have more
in-depth technical details than news organizations do.

Thanks for mentioning this group. Just signed up, and it looks like some
excellent info.

Here is their web site - with more info and a pic of Felix Warner et al. and
the "initiative" which both candidates will likely fully support in one form or
another.

http://www.calcars.org/about.html

McCain should be credited with his specific support for the Chevy Volt: "the
future of America and the world." even though Obama's plan for stimulating
plug-in purchases is more generous.

Here is the 'Felicitous' message on where the candidates stand on these issues:

BTW - as far as a more focused National plan - going into the elections - which
promotes plug-ins as well as the American economy (but not necessarily US car
companies) -- it would seem prudent to limit the tax credit to ONLY cars which
are cdrtified as assembled in the USA -- and not to imports.

That would probably violate some trade treaties, but if they want to complain,
let them.

The great thing about the USA in these kinds of negotiations is that we can
essentially do what we want, since most of them have a positive trade balance
with us anyway - and they cannot put that at risk, no matter how hard they
complain in public.

Plus like the massive new VW plant going into Chattanooga, TN - this will
stimulate overseas companies to invest here instead of elsewhere. Toyota has
said in the past that their highest quality manufacturing plants are in the
USA, not Japan.

[superfluous anti-conflomerate - ant-Lutz comment follows]

It is generally the fat and lazy conglomerates like GM - who have failed the US
economy, and not our workers.

IOW the probelm has been lack of vision and lack of brain-power not Unions or
wages.

Anyone on this forum could easily have foreseen the problem of over-reliance on
fossil fuel, aggravated by gas-guzzlers - and the record indicates that (even
though we might have thought it would take a little longer to materialize).

Had GM fired Lutz-the-Putz years ago, back when he was strongly dissing the
Prius and spouting the gas-guzzler SUV spiel (epitomized in the Hummer,
Suburban, Yukon, Escalade etc. legacy -- which is the Lutz legacy of 10 mpg)
... and instead had put a man of vision in his place - the Volt (which is a
great leap forward) would already be seen on our roads as frequently as the
Prius -- and GM would not be facing bankruptcy due to investment in these
dinosaurs -- which they can hardly give away these days. Peter Principle at
work.

Jones