As the smoke cleared, mix...@bigpond.com <mix...@bigpond.com>
mounted the barricade and roared out:

> >However, to publicly
> >speculate about such a possibility might be considered so disruptive
> >to the economic fabric of our society that I wonder if McKubre
> >deliberately chose not to go there.
>
> You mention "disruption" is if that were a bad thing. Some economic
> disruptions are highly beneficial, and this is one example. In fact
> "improvement" might be a better word than "disruption" in this case.
> There should be "no doubt" that virtually unlimited cheap energy would
> provide a tremendous economic boost to every nation on Earth, not to
> mention the added bonuses of limitless fresh water (through
> desalination), a reduction in the greenhouse effect, and a huge
> increase in the feasibility of waste recycling, to the point where
> essentially all waste can be cheaply recycled, resulting in a huge
> reduction in environmental pollution.
> Regards,
>
> Robin van Spaandonk

In fact, limitless -- i.e. free -- energy will fundamentally change human
society. It will literally be the Biggest Thing since Fred Flintstone
discovered fire. Moreso.

The "Free Market" -- and all other irrationalities and encrustations,
like religion, etc. -- will simply not survive it. Hooray for that.

- --grok.

- --
*** FULL-SPECTRUM DOMINANCE! ***************************************
* Dates/Times/Places:           *  Access these activist calendars *
* The struggle is WHERE YOU ARE *    Find out where YOU are needed *
***** Critical endorsement only **** Most sites need donations *****
* http://protest.net/Online/calendrome.cgi             Protest.Net *
* http://protest.net/north_america.html  North America Protest.Net *
* http://protest.net/asia_and_oceania.html AsiaOceania Protest.Net *
* http://protest.net/Europe/calendrome.cgi      Europa Protest.Net *
* http://protest.net/LatinAmerica/calendrome.cgi    America Latina *
* http://www.greenleft.org.au/calendar.htm  Green Left Weekly cal. *
* http://rabble.ca/whats_up.shtml           rabble.ca - what's up? *
GPG fingerprint = 2E7F 2D69 4B0B C8D5 07E3  09C3 5E8D C4B4 461B B771