OrionWorks wrote:

Why did 60 Minutes apparently remove APS's implied
approval/endorsement of Duncan's analysis? Was there a legal issue
here?

Political pressure I suppose. Who knows? Who cares? It seems unlikely there was a legal issue because I am sure the statements were all factual, and there is nothing illegal or untoward about CBS asking the APS for the name of an expert in calorimetry. Nothing wrong with the APS responding, either. Even if CBS did not mention this is for cold fusion, CBS still has every right to phone in and ask: "who do you recommend for calorimetry?" and then to report that the APS answered: "Prof. Duncan." Besides, what other controversy is their relating to calorimetry. They had to know!

What happens next?

Little or nothing.

And does it matter?

No, it is a tempest in a teapot.