>From Lawrence de Bivort:

> Some 'substitutes' for racial bigotries come readily to
> mind: anti-Muslim (from evangelical Christians and current
> American society); anti-Semitism (eg from the Nazis);
> anti-Palestinians (from Israelis). Perhaps anti-Liberals?

I have a perfect example of anti-Mulsim hatred disguised as Christian
piety, retrieved from a private group list that I somehow managed to
get "included" in. (Don't ask me how this came about!) I actually
received the following "true" letter twice approximately a year apart,
so it would seem that my original objections were ignored - or
overruled.

What absolutely astonished me was the incredible amount of arrogance
and "scripting" the original author displayed in how he characterized
the behavior of "the Imam". In just a couple of sentences it is
alleged that the Christian minister was capable of reducing the Imam's
religious ideology to shreds. That's one for the Christians, and  zero
for the Muslims!

For those curious I recommend browsing www.snopes.com, for a run down
on similar internet rumors, including the source of this viral letter
that continues to circulate through the internet like a virulent case
of Swine-flu:

See
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/allah.asp

And now, for your entertainment, the so-called Christian letter of
pious "enlightenment":

-------------

Allah or Jesus?

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for
maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training
session there was a presentation by three speakers who represented the
Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths who explained their
belief systems. I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam
had to say.

The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam complete
with a video. After the presentations time was provided for questions
and answers. When it was my turn I directed my question to the Imam
and asked: "Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that all
of the Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy
war] against the infidels of the world. And, that by killing an
infidel, which is a command to al Muslims, they are assured of a place
in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an
infidel?"

There was no disagreement with my statements and without hesitation he
replied, "non-believers!"

I responded, "so, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers
of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith
so they can go to heaven. Is that correct?"

The expression on his face changed from authority and command to that
of a little boy who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie
jar. He sheepishly replied, "Yes."

I then said, "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pop
John Paul command all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Pat
Robertson, or Dr. Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order
to go to heaven."

The Imam was Speechless.

I continue, "I also have a problem with being your friend when you and
your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask
you a question ... would you rather have your Allah who tell[s] you to
kill me in order to go to heaven or my Jesus who tells me to love you
because I am going to heaven and wants you to be with me"

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

Chuck Colson once told me something that has sustained me for 20 years
of prison ministry. He said to me, "Rick, remember that the truth wil
prevail."

And it will!

Regards
Steven Vincent Johnson