Hi Fran,

If you want to explain a phenomenon, you need to be aware of all the evidence, not just that which fits a model. Physical evidence has been found, a few UFO have been shot down, and they are seen for long periods of time by many people including by radar. People have even been taken into the crafts. While aliens are clearly using phenomenon we do not yet understand, nothing that has been reported requires an explanation such as you suggest. In fact, an organized group of people exists who hold regular conferences in an effort to arrive at an understanding based on the evidence, not imagination. You can probably find out about this effort on the internet if you are interested. I don't have time right now to track down the sources.

Ed