Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

abstract and first page at http://www.springerlink.com/content/gh202853t0g7l633/
So this is really an article on hot fusion news for 2004.

Correct. It is mostly the kind of news shown at the Springer site.

If that column was big news for 2004, for hot fusion, worthy of quoting, hot fusion was really in trouble!

Well, it was several pages into the paper, but Dean did quote the entire Golden article. It continues on the next page. I did not scan it. It is mainly devoted to "the great promise" of plasma fusion technology, with only that one brief mention of cold fusion.

A newspaper column praising plasma fusion in the MetroWest Daily News is hardly noteworthy, so perhaps there wasn't much other positive news in 2004. On the other hand, maybe Dean liked this article. The article does a pretty good job summarizing plasma fusion for the layman and fitting it into the overall energy situation.

I could scan the rest of it, if you are interested.