Hi Abd,

I'll wait for the detail of your ideas regarding the electronics, but
it seems to me a few dollars worth of components would be sufficient
for the computing and electrical "equipment", which could boil down to
a tiny "USB key" with some relatively simple microcontroller and power
electronics design work. A full blown computer plus a programmable
power supply are certainly not necessary.

Regarding current reversal:

a/ no it's not stupid I don't think, indeed I seem to recall platinum
works as a cathode substrate in those experiments (i.e. pits are
produced). But you'll have to verify that the plating on the cathode
does redissolve when it becomes an anode, things are not exactly
symmetrical as Cl2 will have evolved from the solution in the first
run I think. Anyone knows?

b/ if it does redissolve,  the electrode on the bottom doesn't have to
be a permanent anode as you proposed, it could be an extension of one
of only two electrodes (rather than three), which would thus occupy
one side and the bottom, agreed?

Michel