At 02:49 PM 3/22/2010, Jed Rothwell wrote:

Is there anyone whom he listens to who might explain to him how he makes a major error in almost every slide?

Well, some other people agree with his technical claims, especially Larsen. However, I think this is politicized view of cold fusion. It is ironic that he accuses others of politicizing the issue. Also these are strawman arguments, as Lomax notes.

Maybe Larsen would be the one. I can say this: Krivit is very much not helping Larsen's cause, by overstating the arguments drastically. Krivit should, instead, be functioning as he originally functioned: as a reporter, making sure the story is told. Krivit went to the edge, digging up "stories" of his own original research and analysis, which is tricky when you aren't really an expert, and then promoting them to the exclusion of what would actually be needed: reporting. What is W-L theory? Explain it to us! What arguments are made for and against it and when and where and by whom? You know, reporting! If you are going to report "why," i.e., personal motivations, be careful!

But Krivit is creating his own news, frequently reporting on his own thinking process, he said, she said, so to speak. With Martin Flieschmann, he reported details of his conversations, making Dark Implications out of very ordinary stuff. He's lost his function, and I'm afraid it will collapse. With this, he has reported his own quite defective analyses (I see that he still beating the ENEA dead horse), distorting what was claimed by others, and probably confusing whatever public reads his stuff.

When he pointed out that "maybe it wasn't fusion," in connection with the 2009 ACS conference and the SPAWAR neutron announcement, I didn't have a problem. But when he started making up bogus arguments and attributing them to other researchers, then I started to have a problem. He seems to be attacking the honesty of researchers, and that is very, very worrisome.

I do not think this is an appropriate presentation for physics conference session. It would be okay for a poster session.

Chemistry conference. Sure, poster session, it would be (should be) his right.

Is anyone here willing to defend what Krivit has said? If so, we can look at it in detail. Please be specific. It seems that right now, there is no text, just the video. So if you refer to the video, please refer to the minute where the comment begins. Perhaps, Krivit, will release the text, though, even better, he'd withdraw the whole thing and announce he'd been stuck in some strange delusion for a time, happens to the best of us. He would not be obligated to worship at the altar of Cold Fusion, merely to begin to look at all this more like ... a reporter, with journalistic standards and a sense of neutrality and even-handedness.