Michel Jullian wrote:

You missed my point about Scott/Earthtech, which is not that they have a more sensitive calorimeter (which for kW level power is irrelevant I agree), but that they can perform an _independent_ measurement of the device.

As a practical matter, given the difficulties of doing a cold fusion experiment, I do not think you could move one of the cells from SRI or Storms' lab into the Earthtech calorimeter. I doubt it would work. It may seem like a good idea in principle but I doubt it would work in practice.

If the people at Earthtech want advice about how to do a cold fusion experiment, I expect many people at various labs would be pleased to help them. They might even get them some cathode material (or powder for a gas loading experiment). If the people at Earthtech have suggestions about how to improve calorimeters, based on their experience with the MOAC, I expect everyone in the field would be pleased to hear these suggestions. I have read their papers with interest, and learned from them. However, as a practical matter, actually moving an experiment from one calorimeter to another, and especially from one lab to another, is a lot harder than it sounds, and I don't see much point to it. It does not seem particularly "independent" to me. It is less independent than using a fresh cathode and your own cell.

I doubt it would convince any skeptics, if that is your goal.

Also, I do not think the MOAC is of better quality or better suited to these experiments than the instruments at SRI, Energetics Technology, or Storms' lab. I myself prefer Storms' Seebeck calorimeters.