Peter Gluck <peter.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> e) are you absolutely sure that your friend has spoken to Focardi and not
> to Levi?
>
> f) and he spoke to Focardi, why should Focardi tell him a trade secret?

I do not think Focardi would lie, or dissemble. He would just say "I can't
tell you; it is a trade secret." Or he would say "I don't want to tell you."
These people have no compunction about keeping secrets. They feel no
obligation to reveal anything.

I confirm that their primary, immediate goal is to make commercial products.
I do not know if that is because they want to make money, or they feel that
is the best way to convince the world they are right. I think there are
better ways to accomplish both goals without going to the trouble of making
a working power reactor. If they would heed my advice, I think they could
make billions of dollars, whereas they may only make hundreds of millions.
But it is not my decision, and what they are doing is fine with me. I will
be thrilled if they demonstrate a 1 MWh reactor. (MWh = megawatt-heat. I do
not know the projected electric power output.) Their plans are much better
than the development plans of many other researchers, such as Patterson.