No, not relativistic. This is an interpretation of Miley, with respect to
Lawandy.

It is a dimensional thing. Dense hydrogen only accumulates in two
dimensions. After it accumulates, it may move in 3-space as a bound unit,
but the effect would be similar to the way Mills' describes the
'orbitsphere' which is 2D but encompassing 3-space as a "wrap-around",
essentially.

Now let me backtrack - it is possible that time itself is also distorted in
2D, but that is not part of picture, at least not so far. It is fair to ask
why an proton can be considered  2D while an H2 molecule is 3D. The best I
can tell, this relates to freedom of movement. Lawandy seems to be saying
that the proton which is about 1.6 fm in diameter, is essentially 2D since
its attachment to a dielectric is via a mirror charge in the dielectric and
not "really" atomic at all. Miley takes this further with IRH where
electrons do intersperse with protons but NOT in orbitals. It would be
helpful if he had used the term 'deflation', but if he did - I missed it.

In contrast the Bohr radius is 53 pm, which in effect makes a molecule
"thicker" by a factor of 50,000 or far more, depending on orientation. Yes -
technically speaking even femtometers is not 2D, since there is some
thickness, but apparently it is close enough for practical applications

[snip]Based on what is admittedly "too little evidence" my feeling is that
first you want "densify" or convert molecules to "pycno" or the "inverse
Rydberg state" which is even denser. For some strange reason the molecule
does not permit this, but the monatomic atom does permit it and at the
normal ground state. Go figure.[/snip]

Jones, are you talking relativistic? If molecular bonds oppose conversion to
pycno but monatomic atoms do permit the formation of pycno molecules then
the only way it could accomplish this and still "remain at the normal ground
state" would be from a local perspective in an equivalent relativistic
environment. I happen to agree with that interpretation but if you really
meant the atom remains at normal ground state from any perspective then I
would counter that the pycno or dense molecules are also at normal ground
state from their local perspective.