At 05:39 PM 3/11/2011, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Alan J Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

However, he did NOT record the volume of the reactor as a whole -- so we have to assume that the entire horizontal arm contained fake material.

Levi looked inside the machine and saw nothing out of the ordinary. There is no need for him to record the volume; all he has to do is confirm that it contains only plumbing.

He didn't look inside the (my diagram) heat exchanger and radiation shields.

The only part he has not examined is the 1 L cell. So, your hypothetical chemical fuel and all of the equipment needed to ignite and control it has to fit in 1 L.

No, for the reactor, the only part he DID examine was the 1 liter CELL

Stop moving the goal posts and making up arbitrary requirements such as "recording the volume." If Levi looks inside the volume, however large it is, and sees it has no chemical fuel or chemical or electrical equipment, that's all you need to know. It could be 20 cubic meters -- that still would not make the slightest difference.

If I were making a fake, I'd make a small cavity -- the "reactor cavity", put in a bit of Nickel powder and SHOW that to investigators.  The REST of the Reactor "Main Unit" (which might occupy the entire horizontal branch) could be solid FAKIUM.

Since Levi didn't say how much of the Horizontal arm was the Reactor, I CONTINUE (NOT moving the goalposts) to use Villa's numbers.

If you'd prefer it, I'll REMOVE the 1 Liter as NOT containing FAKE material !!