>From all experimental indications, I agree that this multi proton fusion is
what makes the Rossi reactor and go. To put some conceptual meat on this
bone, at least 60 some odd protons and maybe many more are packed into a
small (sub nanometer?) hole in the lattice of nickel.

These protons are comprised of two ups quarks and a down quark. There is no
anti matter clustering (allowed?) inside the hydrogen nucleus.

Some trigger event happens to this collection of protons that convert some
substantial fraction of these many protons to neutrons comprised of one up
quark and two down quarks. Some ultra low energy based factor in nature can
transform up and down quarks into each other are beyond the pale of today’s
physics.

Even thinking that this mechanism of transmutation is even possible is a
burning offence at CERN. Is it even too extreme for Vortex?