-----Original Message-----
From: Jed Rothwell

> And yes, I think that if you can find any cold fusion reaction with
> deuterium, which is operating a 4 kilowatts of excess - then the V&B setup
> would have shown gammas.

JR: There have been plenty of reactions at 10 to 100 W, ~40 times less.
Surely, if they can detect gamma from 4 kW they could also detect them
from 0.1 kW.

100 watts continuous and no signal? Where and when?

At 100 watts there "should be" a strong detectable signal with the V&B
setup, which is superb. Maybe not detectable with a gamma-scout ;) Can you
give specifics of the 100 watt deuterium reaction which did NOT show any
gammas with a sophisticated instrument?

That would certainly change my opinion on this particular point, but let's
defer to anyone who can add an expert opinion and this would be worth posing
to V&B.

I think it is an important point because 100 watts is getting up there. For
instance 200 watts into a Farnsworth Fusor will peg any and every meter. I
am certain of that. A Fusor with only hydrogen instead of deuterium gives
you zero BTW - which is essentially my point. Hydrogen is not active but
deuterium is.

When helium is the main ash, and when the strong gamma signature is absent
at ~24 MeV (invoking some kind of phonon explanation) then we have
essentially an alpha emission, and easily shielded. Therefore, you have to
look for the secondary reactions - the bremsstrahlung (braking radiation)
which would be way lower in energy. If you did not provide a good instrument
for that, then you might miss it at 10 watts but at 100 watts it should show
up IMO. If anyone out there knows differently - please speak up.

Much of the bremsstrahlung would be below the 200 keV level but these have a
long
Boltzmann's tail. Therefore, at 100 watts into a Deuterium setup - IMO,
there should be a strong signal when a high quality gamma setup is provided.

Jones