From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 2:49 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:Mass-to-Energy

Jones Beene wrote:

> Hydrogen and deuterium are extremely different in many ways. There is plenty
> of reason why deuterium can be active for nuclear reactions and hydrogen not
> active.

So you are suggesting that the mechanism for the Pd-D effect may be
entirely different from Ni-H? One is fusion and the other may be ZPE?

> And yes, I think that if you can find any cold fusion reaction with
> deuterium, which is operating a 4 kilowatts of excess - then the V&B setup
> would have shown gammas.

There have been plenty of reactions at 10 to 100 W, ~40 times less.
Surely, if they can detect gamma from 4 kW they could also detect them
from 0.1 kW. Yet they do not. Except sporadically, on rare occasions
such Iwamura's early electrochemical experiments. And these were at much
lower power levels. So I do not think that the low power levels of Pd-D
cold fusion are the barrier that prevents detection of gammas. I think
there are none, and there would not be any even if you could afford to
run 1 kg, 1000-cathode Pd-D experiment to produce 4 kW (or 1 kg of Zr-Pd
nano-particle powder, or whatever it would take).

> In fact no cold fusion setup has come close to 4 kW, and that is why this
> comparison is irrelevant.

Based on Iwamura and other who have detected gamma rays, and on cold
fusion reactions that have come within an order of magnitude of Rossi, I
think a rough comparison can be made.

Also, people have barely begun looking for products of the Rossi
reaction so we have no idea what they might be. For all anyone knows,
the product might actually be copper with natural isotopes. I realize
you reject that based on conventional theory, but anyone can reject all
of cold fusion based on conventional theory. It is based on experiments,
and you can never be absolutely certain what experiments will reveal.