Jones Beene wrote:

Hydrogen and deuterium are extremely different in many ways. There is plenty
of reason why deuterium can be active for nuclear reactions and hydrogen not
active.

So you are suggesting that the mechanism for the Pd-D effect may be entirely different from Ni-H? One is fusion and the other may be ZPE?

And yes, I think that if you can find any cold fusion reaction with
deuterium, which is operating a 4 kilowatts of excess - then the V&B setup
would have shown gammas.

There have been plenty of reactions at 10 to 100 W, ~40 times less. Surely, if they can detect gamma from 4 kW they could also detect them from 0.1 kW. Yet they do not. Except sporadically, on rare occasions such Iwamura's early electrochemical experiments. And these were at much lower power levels. So I do not think that the low power levels of Pd-D cold fusion are the barrier that prevents detection of gammas. I think there are none, and there would not be any even if you could afford to run 1 kg, 1000-cathode Pd-D experiment to produce 4 kW (or 1 kg of Zr-Pd nano-particle powder, or whatever it would take).

In fact no cold fusion setup has come close to 4 kW, and that is why this
comparison is irrelevant.

Based on Iwamura and other who have detected gamma rays, and on cold fusion reactions that have come within an order of magnitude of Rossi, I think a rough comparison can be made.

Also, people have barely begun looking for products of the Rossi reaction so we have no idea what they might be. For all anyone knows, the product might actually be copper with natural isotopes. I realize you reject that based on conventional theory, but anyone can reject all of cold fusion based on conventional theory. It is based on experiments, and you can never be absolutely certain what experiments will reveal.