>From Robin:

> What makes you think it has to be 400 C to start?

Nothing would tickle me more to learn that the "initialization" temperature
is less than that 400 C. But then, maybe it needs to be greater than 400 C.
I dunno! My initial starting point was loosely based on previous literature
that I thought seemed to indicate that 400 C was what the starting
temperature that needed to be reached before the reaction was initiated. I
would be more than happy to revise my guestimate based on more accurate
information.

> (I have no idea what it needs to be, and as long as the actual mechanism
> remains unknown, I think it's anybody's guess.)

Indeed. Didn't meant to imply otherwise. But why should that impede a little
bit of healthy speculation. ;-)

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com