On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM, OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson <
svj.orionwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joshua,
>
> You may recall, I conjectured:
>
> > ... how can this newly formed H2O gas be
> > expected to be much above 100 C if it doesn't
> > have a chance to hang around long enough to
> > absorb additional heat energy.
>
> ...to which you replied:
>
> > How can it not?
>
> There lies the little pickle of a situation we find ourselves in.
>
> Who's right?
>
> I did my best to explain my perceptions on the matter. At present I
> don't think my thoughts were so terribly flawed that I will need to
> retract them - but we shall see.  Truth is, I'm not in a position to
> prove your perceptions on the matter are incorrect. But then, nor are
> you in a position to do likewise to me.

Well, your position violates conservation of energy and mine doesn't.

 As for trying to understand the mechanics of Defkalion and cohorts, I am
not qualified. I'm just looking at the demos, and don't see that they
demonstrate their claims. That's all. (And when you look at a company like
BLP, and see they have gotten at least 60 million in investments, mining the
same presumed H-Ni exotherms for 20 years, without a commercial product,
it's not that hard to understand the motivations of the Rossians, with or
without a product.)

Unlike many commenters, I don't think we'll "know" at the end of the year,
or for years after. I think (as you said), there will be delays, and the
definitive product will remain just out of reach for a long time, and then
may just fade away after a few people have made their fortune. I suspect
proving fraud will be difficult.

Or it'll all work, and I can stop pouring cash into gas tanks, and the
solution to global warming will be at hand.

I'd like to see the latter as much as the next guy, but realistically, I
don't expect it.