Some personal thoughts on Jeff Driscoll's recently expressed concerns -
originally derived from subject thread: "Analysis of e-Cat test by E.
Storms", such as:

> Does anybody on Vortex agree with my previous email

> to Vortex about the capacitance probe?  It can only

> sense the partial pressure of the water but saturated

> steam has a constant vapor pressure of 14.7 psi at

> all steam qualities between 0% and 100%.  So the

> capitance will never change while the steam quality

> changes.

and

> I know a guy that has visited many overunity groups that

> make extraordinary claims about a new energy source and

> every time after some scrutiny, there is fraud involved

> or some sort of mistake or he can never get close enough

> to determine the legitimacy of it.   In my opinion Rossi

> shows signs of the fraud category.

First, the LONG VERFSION OF A PERSONAL ADVENTURE OF MINE:

I gather Mr. Driscoll has expressed concerns about the legitimacy of the
measurements derived from a capacitance probe used in part to prove the
quality of the steam allegedly generated from one of Rossi's e-cats. It
seems to me that Mr. Driscoll has invested a considerable amount of his
personal time in trying to explain as best he can his concerns on the
matter. It is a commendable trait - to express one's concerns, to presumably
seek feedback from others... assuming it really is honest feedback one is
after, as compared to simply shopping around for additional confirmation
that one's original theory had been correct all along.  Mr. Driscoll's
persistence on this matter reminds me of someone I know...

I know a guy who didn't just visit overunity groups and kick a few tires in
the sales lot. This particular individual allowed himself to become heavily
invested (certainly in an emotional sense) in one particular overunity
project. He also invested some of his own personal savings in trying to
create a small POC, a Proof of Concept device. That guy was me.

About five years ago I feverously worked in isolation on a personal OU
project of mine. I worked on the project for about six months straight.
Eventually, I assembled a report and I brought the fruits of my research to
the attention of the organization I was working for under contract - without
pay I might add. A colleague evaluated my findings. He completely dismissed
my hard work, all in a matter of hours. He told me my design specs wouldn't
work. He also chided me as to why had I waited so long before bringing my
work to his attention. My response was that according to my calculations my
design specs should work. He said my calculations were incorrect. We
couldn't see eye-to-eye. Because the individual had been such a SOB to work
for in the past, this based on past experience working for him as well as
feedback I received from other colleagues, I was not entirely inclined to
trust the conclusions he had arrived at - at face value, all within a matter
of hours, not after I had spent 6 months of my own time meticulously working
out the specs. This meant I had no recourse left me but to try to construct
a preliminary bare-bones prototype myself... just enough of a prototype to
strongly suggest to my peers that my POV on the matter might be reasonably
accurate. It was time see who was right and who was wrong.

My POC failed. Spectacularly so. I lost six months of my life pursuing a
wild goose chase, along with eighteen months of personal savings. Quite
understandably, I was in utter shock for about 48 hours.

After an obligatory period of mourning, of suicidal rage, of crying and
moaning and gnashing of teeth, I eventually took a closer look at my
theoretical calculations. I eventually discerned a flaw in how I had
interpreted certain readings generated from the software simulation package
I was using. Turns out that my colleague, who honest-to-god really was a SOB
to work for, was mostly correct - and I was entirely wrong. Granted, I was
an honest mistake, a misinterpretation on my part, but a mistake
nevertheless. The problem was exacerbated by the fact that I was trying to
work in a field where there really weren't that many people I knew and that
I could ask and get decent feedback from. I had learned from past experience
that it was difficult to engage in "feedback" with this particular colleague
because I occasionally observed him trash the work of other colleagues he
felt he might be in competition with, regardless of whether such concerns
were real or imagined. The point being, I made a decision to work in
isolation. Unfortunately, it was an unwise decision on my part. Had there
been someone I could have confided in I might have discovered my mistake
earlier in the game and possibly have saved myself a lot of pain and
hardship... as well eighteen months of personal $$$.

One of the ironic lessons I took from that adventure was how exciting those
times had been for me, this despite the fact that unbeknownst to me I was
chasing a wild goose. I paid 18 months of "tuition" fees to earn a degree in
how to chase wild geese. From a hard-knock POV, the expense was probably
worth it. Another valuable lesson I took from my personal folly is that it
is unwise to work in isolation when trying to create the one truly unique
"thing" that will change the world.

Likewise, it seems to me that to focus on and subsequently critique a
particular item pertaining to work of others, and to do so in isolation of
other equally important factors is also, in my view, unwise.

And now, a slightly SHORTER VERFSION OF THE SAME ADVENTURE:

It seems unlikely to me to assume Defkalion does not avail itself to a
steady stream of feedback pertaining to their on-going efforts to develop a
preliminary line of products.not at the stage they are at. Therefore, it
seems to me that Mr. Driscoll's persistent focusing in seeming isolation on
the merits (or lack of) of a recorded measurements derived from a
capacitance probe, while Defkalion continues to publish a steady stream of
announcements claiming to have products based on the Rossi Effect ready for
the market by October of this year... Well, it suggests the possibility that
Mr. Driscoll's concerns might be just a tad myopic.

But that's just a personal opinion of mine. I could be wrong. I still think
it honorable that Jeff continues to share his concerns on the matter.
Hopefully Mr. Driscoll will be able to avail himself to honest feedback.
>From time-to-time, we all need it. I sure could have used it.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

www.OrionWorks.com