At 12:49 PM 7/19/2011, Michele Comitini wrote:

Angela,

The article does not say much.  As a matter of fact Bardi does not give any scientific fact to confirm what he has written, just "rumors" hence just blather on which he bases his "bufala" (scam) assumption. You can find him on some rainews interviews posted earlier on this list. The guy is never to the point actually he seems to know very little about LENR...

As side note it seem that the blog where Bardi writes is sponsored by renewable energy companies whose interest conflicts with even the chance that a new energy source appears. Could be maketing FUD technique?

The report claims private conversation with Kullander, who has been strangely silent on the Rossi affair for quite some time. It's plausible, but obviously proof of nothing.

In my opinion, Kullander made some mistakes, and he should simply acknowledge them and move on. Simple, clean and clear. He reported what he saw and based some speculations on that, without having thoroughly investigated, that's all. However, his name is being used, directly or hidden under "Swedish professors," and I really do think it's his obligation to either back up and back out, or stand firmly behind what he wrote and said.

What I'm aware of as problems are the steam quality "measurement" that wasn't, a minor thing, probably, but more importantly the lack of any verification of the assertion that all water was vaporized. There are minor details about water flow, etc., and, given the situation, more stringent qualification of what he saw, because there are possible fraud scenarios that were absolutely not ruled out.

What I've come to is that what Kullander and Essen reported in their published report was inadequate to establish the claimed power. There are reasons, in that report, to suspect some level of generated power, that's about it. Even that could possibly be an error, it's inferred, not soundly established as would be the case by actually measuring the enthalpy of outlet water/steam.